Customized cylindrical lenses
IODA has developed a particular design and production technology which allow IODA to produce several cylindrical lenses on “customer’s request” with base dimensions even very large. The lenses may also have a flange to make easier their installation in a seat or over a support.
The material can be mineral (borosilicate glass) or REVO-01, polyurethane material. See link REVO-01
IODA has developed this polyurethane material, called REVO-01, which is used for a lot of lighting lenses, such as the cylindrical ones.
The cylindrical lenses are constituted by a flat surface and a cylindrical surface, which develops along a single axis. They can be both positive and negative (convex plane or concave plane).
The cylindrical lenses are used in the generation of optical lines (if they are positioned after a collimator or after a collimated laser beam) or in the anamorphic correction of optical beams of spherical type.
If the distance between the LEDs and the flat base of the lens is equal to the focal distance, the light passing through the cylindrical lens expands in a single axis (showing the projection of a line of light).
Some models of cylindrical lenses are the follwoing:
– CL-R6/52 Radius convex 6 mm; Lenght 52 mm; Focal length 8.6 mm; Material REVO-01
– CL-R8/52 Radius convex 8 mm; Lenght 52 mm; Focal length 10.7 mm; Material REVO-01
– Cyl_20X20R12 Radius convex 12.5 mm; base dimension 20X20mm; Focal lenght 19.0 mm; Material REVO-01
– Cyl_36X36R15 Radius convex 15 mm; base dimension 36X36mm; Focal lenght 20.0 mm; Material REVO-01
– Cyl_46X48R20 Radius convex 20 mm; base dimension 46X48.6mm; Focal lenght 25.5 mm; Material REVO-01
– CL-R3051 Radius convex 30 mm; base dimension 50X60 mm; Focal lenght 45.4 mm; Material REVO-01
– CL-R30 64X164 Radius convex 30 mm; base dimension 64X164 mm; Focal lenght 45.4 mm; Material REVO-01
Loop 66, lighting system, made by Linea Light Group using IODA cylindrical lenses